This tart recipe is a celebration of all the wonderful variety of snacking tomatoes in season and is simple to make. The zesty lemon gives it a fresh flavour and the recipe also works fantastic with ricotta as a substitute for goats cheese.
- 400g snacking tomatoes (variety mix)
- 200g Creamy goats cheese (Meredith dairy)
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1 tsp oregano finally chopped
- 1/2 tbsp basil finally chopped
- 1 sheet short crust pastry (thawed)
- Micro herbs
- Extra oregano leaves
- Pre heat the oven to 180C 360F.
- Roll out the pastry over the top of tart tin and gently press it into the sides of the tin. Using a butter knife slice the pastry along the top edge of the tin. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork and line with baking paper, fill with baking beans to weight it down (dried beans or rice can be used). Bake for 15 minutes until the pastry is lightly golden in colour.
- Meanwhile the filling can be prepared; Add the goats cheese, ricotta, lemon zest and herbs to a medium bowl, using a fork whisk it up until its light and fluffy. Followed by adding the parmesan cheese and whisk through.
- Take the tart shell out of the oven, discard the baking beans and allow the tart to cool down before filling it in with the goats cheese mixture. Use a spatular to spread it out.
- Fill the tart shell with 2/3 of the tomatoes sliced in half on top of the goats cheese mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot from the oven with extra snacking tomatoes piled over the top and fresh oregano leaves and micro herbs sprinkled over the top
Serve: 4 people
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes