Nothing reminds you more of summer than a fruity mango sorbet. This recipe is easy to make and you don’t need an ice cream maker.
- 4 frozen mangoes (cut into cubes)
- 250ml coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)
- Handful toasted coconut flakes
- Place the caster sugar, water and the thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves into a small saucepan on medium heat. Allow it to simmer and gently stir while the sugar dissolves completely before taking it off the heat (10-15 mins).
- Add the lime juice, allow it to cool down then pour it through a strainer to remove the Kaffir lime leaves. These can be left in if you want the lime flavour to be stronger. Add the frozen mango cubes, coconut yogurt and the lime sugar water into a food processor and blitz until its smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture into a shallow airtight container and place in the freezer.
- After 4 hours take the sorbet out of the freezer and smash it up with a fork to prevent it completely freezing. Put the smashed up sorbet back into the food processor to further blend until the consistency is smooth and even and the ice is braking down.
- Place it back into the airtight container and freeze until its set (another 3-4 hrs). For a smoother texture repeat the blitzing process one more time and serve after the last blitz in the food processor so it’s nice and smooth.
- Add a handful of toasted coconut flakes to garnish the sorbet scoops when serving.
Recipe created for Harris Farm https://www.harrisfarm.com.au/collections/mango-coconut-kaffir-lime-sorbet