This easy to make no bake cheese cake has all the traditional cheese cake flavours and a smooth texture with out it being overly sweet. The passionfruit layer looks as impressive as it tastes.
- Biscuit base
- 310g Digestive biscuit
- 150g unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Cheese cake filling
- 650g cream cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (or caster sugar)
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 Lemon zested
- 1 tsp Vanilla essense
- 3 tsp gelatine powder
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Passion fruit top layer
- 1/3 cup Passion fruit pulp
- 1/2 orange juiced
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Prepare a 22cm spring form baking tin (with removable base), cut out a round piece of baking paper to line the base of the tin.
- To make the base; place the digestive biscuits in a ziplock plastic bag and cover with a tea towel, using a rolling pin whack the biscuits until they are completely broken up and resemble a fine crumb. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and melted butter into the biscuit crumb bowl and stir with a spatula to combine. Turn the mixture out into the prepared tin, using your fingers press the crumb mixture firmly into the sides and the base. Place in the fridge for at least 30mins to chill completely.
- To make the filling: cream together using electric beaters the cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and the caster sugar in a large mixing bowl. Followed by adding the sour cream and vanilla essence, beat until the mixture is creamy and smooth. If you have some lumps keep beating until they disappear.
- In a cup add the gelatine powder and boiling water together, stir to dissolve before adding to the cream cheese mixture and beat in until it is well combined.
- In another large mixing bowl add the cream and icing sugar, beat until peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Take the chilled biscuit casing out of the fridge, fill with the cream cheese mixture. Using a spatular level and smooth off the top. Cover with an upside down dinner plate so it doesn’t touch the top of the cheese cake and place back in the fridge to set for a min of 4hrs, leaving it over night produces the best result.
- To make the passion fruit top layer: add the corn flour and orange juice into a small saucepan. Stir to combine and remove any corn flour lumps before placing on a low heat. Continuously stir while it thickens to prevent lumps, if they start to appear take it off the heat and whisk vigorously. Once the colour changes to be translucent stir in the passion fruit pulp and caster sugar. Take off the heat and allow to completely cool down before spooning it out onto the top of the chilled cheese cake. Use a spatular to gently spread it out and level it off. Place back in the fridge covered for at least 30mins before serving.
Prep time: 30-40 minutes
Chill time: 4:30hrs – over night
Can be prepared the day before for best results.